:laughing: 100 %
By Abernathy
She has probably been advised (she will not have dreamed this up herself) that this is a good tactic to adopt : allowing her to “virtue signal” as being on the side of the oppressed-by-Ulez ordinary Joe Soap voter, while simultaneously condemning Sadiq for not agreeing (she of course knows that Sadiq never could or would) to this eminently sensible and equitable altruistic proposal, aimed wholly at safeguarding the democratic right to vote in a part of the city that might improbably entail driving into the Ulez zone in your vanishingly-unlikely-to-be non-exempt car. What a bastard, eh ?

So desperate as to be gut-bustingly laughable.
By Malcolm Armsteen
It's been done.
Between 29 August and 18 October 2023 there were 120,797 penalties.

This is higher than I had expected, but it was the first sex weeks of the scheme. It is dwarfed by the number of penalties issued in the inner LEZ in the previous year (944,000). This is expected to fall until by 2027 the system is no longer self-financing as more vehicles are exempt.

Given that there are 1.4 million car journeys per day, on average, in London (making a total in the above period of 12.6 million) the percentage of journeys that were affected by the ULEZ charge was under 1%. Unless my maths is out, somewhere.

Thatb hardly seems like a big proportion.
By Tubby Isaacs
Abernathy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:13 pm She has probably been advised (she will not have dreamed this up herself) that this is a good tactic to adopt : allowing her to “virtue signal” as being on the side of the oppressed-by-Ulez ordinary Joe Soap voter, while simultaneously condemning Sadiq for not agreeing (she of course knows that Sadiq never could or would) to this eminently sensible and equitable altruistic proposal, aimed wholly at safeguarding the democratic right to vote in a part of the city that might improbably entail driving into the Ulez zone in your vanishingly-unlikely-to-be non-exempt car. What a bastard, eh ?

So desperate as to be gut-bustingly laughable.
I think this was a relatively neat attack (neat bollocks), I was wondering about the emphasis on ULEZ generally, Is this aimed at London or wider online rightwingers? I suspect it resonates much more with the latter.

If I were her, I'd go for crime literally all the time. And do some work beyond "borough policing".
By Andy McDandy
Wider online right wingers. The message is clear - London is closed to you. Khan is disenfranchising nice older middle class white people like you. His re-election has no validity. He doesn't speak for real Londoners. The city has been taken.

Same as her incident with the oyster card - the message there being not that she was pickpocketed, but that she was in a carriage with people she felt uncomfortable with and it was only a stroke of luck that she wasn't robbed, beaten up, or subjected to whatever indignities the savages had planned.
By Rosvanian
Andy McDandy wrote:Wider online right wingers. The message is clear - London is closed to you. Khan is disenfranchising nice older middle class white people like you. His re-election has no validity. He doesn't speak for real Londoners. The city has been taken.

Same as her incident with the oyster card - the message there being not that she was pickpocketed, but that she was in a carriage with people she felt uncomfortable with and it was only a stroke of luck that she wasn't robbed, beaten up, or subjected to whatever indignities the savages had planned.
Copied directly from MAGA Republican tactics re. New York, where Trump's court room appearances haven't featured large scale MAGA demos because his supporters think that if they travel to New York they'll be murdered.
By Tubby Isaacs
We don't know much yet, but it's possible that the attacker turns out to be someone not unknown to mental health services, I'd have thought. If it's a machete gang, it's a pretty unusual one with one 36 year old bloke in it.

Absolutely classless- edit, that was LBC being classless, I think, not Hall. Apology to her.

Last edited by Tubby Isaacs on Fri May 03, 2024 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Tubby Isaacs
Some good turnout figures for areas where Hall should do well (and bad one in City East, which should be very good for Khan). But the turnout figures shouldn't make that much difference overall. It's all about whether other parties have voted tactically or not. My faith in the Wolfie Smith element of the Greens to do that is zero, but hope enough did.

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]