:laughing: 100 %
By Tubby Isaacs
kreuzberger wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:25 pm Hall just confirms that they know that London is a lost cause. They wouldn't waste such a woeful candidate on a half-winnable election of any consequence.
More winnable than they seem to think.

FPTP is back, so potential for Greens and various spoilers to take a lot of votes that Khan would have got on the second round. And I think 3 terms for a mayor is pushing it, before they run up against all the "time for a change" stuff.

The Tories got 32% in the General Election. That might win them a very fragmented race.
By Oboogie
Bones McCoy wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:27 pm
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:00 pm I see Jeremy Clarkson has started slagging off Sadiq Khan - no reasons given.

Is he angling for the gig?
The reason is that Clarkson's a wanker.
I believe "cunt" is the forum nom du jour, Wee Malcy has spoken.
By Watchman
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:00 pm I see Jeremy Clarkson has started slagging off Sadiq Khan - no reasons given.

Is he angling for the gig?
My guess it the “war on motorists”, because Clarkson we should all drive fuck off cars how we like, where we like
By mattomac
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:08 pm
kreuzberger wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:25 pm Hall just confirms that they know that London is a lost cause. They wouldn't waste such a woeful candidate on a half-winnable election of any consequence.
More winnable than they seem to think.

FPTP is back, so potential for Greens and various spoilers to take a lot of votes that Khan would have got on the second round. And I think 3 terms for a mayor is pushing it, before they run up against all the "time for a change" stuff.

The Tories got 32% in the General Election. That might win them a very fragmented race.
We are not quite in the GE though.I don’t expect Susan Hall will outperform Bailey at this rate. I see Khan polling over 35% especially if it runs the same day as a GE.

Bailey was a inept but he stuck to the Tory politics, Hall doesn’t come across half as professional and is more of a mockery, also being Black probably helped him in a way Hall being female and white won’t.

Sorry if that seems off to some but.
By satnav
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:47 pm What's Sadiq Khan done against nightclubs?!

Unless she can tell me, I'll just assume this is "Sadiq the Muslim hates you going out".
It looks like nightclubs around the country are in decline. Many didn't really recover from Covid, they have also been hit by the cost of living crisis and the sharp rise in energy costs. But in the eyes of Susan Hall everything is the fault of Susan Hall.
By Rosvanian
London nightlife has been in steep decline since the onset of gentrification in the 80s. When you've just shelled out £3M on a penthouse apartment, you're not going to be keen to have club across the road blaring out music at 3am.
Bones McCoy liked this
By Spoonman
davidjay wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:50 pm Nightclubs have been dying out ever since the licensing laws were changed and bars could open later. It's not like a Tory to be 25 years out of date.
There's still restrictive licencing laws in NI (no service after 11, or 1am with a permit) and though I'm at an age where going to most nightclubs would now be seen as tragic, they're certainly not as popular as were back in the 90's/00's, at least for those over 18 - rumour has it that cocaine taking at home etc. has skyrocketed in turn, even in deeply rural areas.
By Andy McDandy
Expensive drinks, restrictions on smoking (many clubs that provide smoking areas don't allow people to linger, so you can't have a chat), arsehole entry policies - why bother when a pub with a late license avoids some of those issues?

And yes, party at home, it's a damn sight easier and cheaper. And do your flirting via app.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]