:laughing: 100 %
By Abernathy
It just seems that every day, there is further confirmation that Hall is an absolute bin-fire of a mayoral candidate. Could the Tories really not have found anyone better?

I know they've fiddled with the mayoral electoral system to give their candidate a better shot , but even so, I still think she will get absolutely slaughtered come May.
By Andy McDandy
All part of the next stage of the argument:

London is lost to us.
As are all the other big cities.
Nobody really wants Labour in charge.
They're the default other option, not a positive choice.
They only won the election because the current Tory party failed.
Sunak trashed the Tories and led us too far to the left.
Sunak was never really one of us.
Johnson was the last PM with a proper mandate.
Even Truss won the internal election.
Ergo, the real people want a hard right government, and this current one has no legitimacy.
By Oboogie
davidjay wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:49 pm Is that sort of thing not illegal?
Yes, but unless the Electoral Commission enforces it, they'll get away with it and the Electoral Commission didn't even act on the even more blatant infringement of the Tory use of the image of the King on their "Britain is the second most powerful country in the world" meme.
By Tubby Isaacs
I'm surprised to see that there's a policy here.

From 2018, the Met moved away from a borough structure to one based on 12 areas (there are 32 boroughs). As someone who thinks there are too many boroughs in London, I think this sounds reasonable. The main reason it was done was to save money by cutting duplication. How is Suzie paying for its reintroduction? And if the issue is "knowing who the officers are", what difference does it make? You can still presumably look this up now.

By satnav
When it comes to crime she seems to promises all things to all people. She wants more officers out on the street but she also wants every reported crime properly investigated as well as having named officers available at the local police station. How many extra police officers is she actually planning to take on?
By Tubby Isaacs
Youngian wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:38 pm It was a dedicated copper for every ward with two PCSOs under Livingstone. Don’t know if that’s still the case as Theresa May (under austerity pressure from Osborne) set about dismantling many of the initiatives from the Blair era as crime had fallen.
I read about that earlier, As far as I could tell, that ward structure survived the reorganisation away from boroughs. It seems a good mix of hyper local (wards) and bigger areas. Do the Met want to be reorganised on a borough basis again? And can they be told to do that by the Mayor anyway?
By Tubby Isaacs
Hall's campaign is playing a useful role in flagging up young Tories who we can do without hearing from ever again. This chap and "Tottenham Conservatives" are among th emost annoying. Even in the mid 90s, out of all the people from university I knew well who moved to London, only one got involved with her local Tory party. And very lucky to have her they were too. But she'd have not gone near the likes of Susan Hall.

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]