:pray: 50 % :laughing: 50 %
By Oboogie
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:38 pm Where's Kemi? She's not usually short of an opinion. And she is the Minister for Equalities.
And a black woman, you know, the kind of person that Frank Hester hates.

Still, ten million quid, eh? You can buy a fuck of a lot of election leaflets for that kind of money.
By Oboogie
Kemi Badenoch has broken her silence.

She starts well, she's the first senior Tory to admit the comments are racist:

"Hester’s 2019 comments, as reported, were racist. I welcome his apology.

Abbott and I disagree on a lot. But the idea of linking criticism of her, to being a black woman is appalling.

It’s never acceptable to conflate someone’s views with the colour of their skin…"

She then ruins it by basically saying he's apologised so he should be forgiven and no further action is needed.
Move along.

"MPs have a difficult job balancing multiple interests -often under threats of intimidation as we saw recently in parliament.

Some people make flippant comments without thinking of this context.

This is why there needs to be space for forgiveness where there is contrition"

Tubby Isaacs liked this
By satnav
It looks like journalists are now taking a keen interest in other things that Hester has said and done over the last few years. Hopefully there will also be plenty of scrutiny into all the government contracts that his company has picked up in recent years while making big donations to the Tories.
Oboogie liked this
By Abernathy
kreuzberger wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:45 pm "The value of nothing." Same old verminous tories.

The amount of brownie-points they could have harvested by returning Uncle Hester's donation would have been worth a king's random.

Especially if they had then urged the Revenue to tax the fucker on it.
It’s a general election year. The fuckers have probably already spent that ten million quid.
By Oboogie
kreuzberger wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:45 pm "The value of nothing." Same old verminous tories.

The amount of brownie-points they could have harvested by returning Uncle Hester's donation would have been worth a king's random.

Especially if they had then urged the Revenue to tax the fucker on it.
I don't want them to return that money, I think it should be donated to charity. It's pretty clear that money was payment for huge contracts, I don't see why Hester should have them for free - that would be rewarding him for his racism.
By Bones McCoy
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:27 pm Abbott has called in Knacker and his pals.

Interesting. I wonder if they will think that contrition equals absolution?
History shows you can buy a squad for coppers for far less than 10mill.

I do wonder how this statement will intersect with Gove's latest "extremism" project.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]