:pray: 50 % :laughing: 50 %
By Abernathy
It occurs to me that nobody has really looked properly at Hester's motivation for donating so much cash to the Tories.

It's bad enough that his company has benefitted from government contracts awarded by the Tories to the tune of some £400 million, and that he no doubt anticipates being awarded further lucrative contracts should the recipients of his largesse somehow manage to remain in government after the election, and perhaps a peerage further down the line.. It is very obviously pork barrel politics in its most blatant form.

But there's another reason why this rich and powerful man donates so much money to the Conservative Party. I'd suggest that it is because Hester clearly feels comfortable in expressing his offensive and racist views in the orbit of that particular party. He thinks that the Tory Party is a safe place for someone like him to call explicitly for the murder of a black female member of parliament - and, judging by the mealy-mouthed eventual responses from Rishi Sunak, Kemi Badenoch, and sundry other government apologists, it really is.

The whole affair exposes the Tories on a number of levels - racist, misogynist, corrupt, in the pocket of rich business men, hypocritical, unprincipled, ugly.

Let's say it again - these bastards cannot be gone soon enough.
Last edited by Abernathy on Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kreuzberger, Watchman, Samanfur and 3 others liked this
By Philip Marlow
I can’t remember if it was Newsnight or some other programme that, a few years ago, ran a segment on Abbott’s staffers and the amount of time they put into going through her incoming post and filtering out the racist hate mail. Not to mention trying to work out if any of the numerous death threats were serious enough to warrant police attention. She was actually elected to parliament in the same year as Bernie Grant. You could probably build an art installation large enough to fill the Turbine Hall at Tate Modern out of all the shitty letters she’s had since then.
By Samanfur
Abernathy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:57 am It occurs to me that nobody has really looked properly at Hester's motivation for donating so much cash to the Tories.
Would you have any problem with me reposting this post elsewhere, Abers?

Properly credited, of course.
By Philip Marlow
‘We’re talking about you not to you.’

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... s-comments
The Commons speaker, Lindsay Hoyle, has sparked a fresh row by refusing to allow Diane Abbott ask a question during a heated session of prime minister’s questions, which was dominated by discussion of a Conservative donor’s comments about her.
By Bones McCoy
Abernathy wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:54 pm Breaking news that there is apparently another £5m donation from Hester that the Tories are sitting on as as yet undeclared. That is 15 million quid the racist cunt is in for.

Fuck a Duck.
Hard to see how this doesn't fall foul of Gove's new extremism guidelines (announced today).

No doubt there'll be some semantic flourish that gives their cunts a pass.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]