:sunglasses: 40 % :pray: 20 % :laughing: 40 %
By satnav
The real crux of the matter is that Raab has been promoted well beyond his abilities, to compensate for his lack of ability he was immediately surrounded by a group of high flying civil servants whose job it was to babysit him. He clearly wasn't happy being told what to do by people who were younger and more intelligent than him so he reacted by being fairly nasty and petulant. I'm just hoping that some of these high flyers kept plenty of solid evidence about his behaviour.
By satnav
I've noticed rather a lot of right wing journalists have been out in force today trying to defend Raab. They seem to be entirely basing their defence on information that Raab has put into the public domain simply because they don't know what evidence has been gathered by the inquiry.

It is difficult to see what is behind this concerted campaign. Either they have been tipped off that Rishi has no intention of sacking him so the journalists are confident to back Raab knowing they are onto a winner. Or conversely they know he is a goner but they are backing him anyway so that they can criticise Rishi for caving in to the woke mob.
By Bones McCoy
satnav wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:07 pm I've noticed rather a lot of right wing journalists have been out in force today trying to defend Raab. They seem to be entirely basing their defence on information that Raab has put into the public domain simply because they don't know what evidence has been gathered by the inquiry.

It is difficult to see what is behind this concerted campaign. Either they have been tipped off that Rishi has no intention of sacking him so the journalists are confident to back Raab knowing they are onto a winner. Or conversely they know he is a goner but they are backing him anyway so that they can criticise Rishi for caving in to the woke mob.
I think it's the simple "Tory ministers can do no wrong", with a side disk of "Civil Servants, all snowflakes eh!".
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Andy McDandy
I recall that when Gordon Brown was accused of bullying, Paul Dacre leapt to his defence. Always worth remembering that working practices in the media, particularly in newspapers, are pretty much antediluvian. Same as in any business where enough people are prepared to put up with shit in the slim hope of very high rewards.
By Bones McCoy
kreuzberger wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:47 pm Is Raaab as hard as everyone (mainly Telegraph stenographers) would have us believe? Some sort of fancy Dan at jujo-weejie or something?

A rapidly dispatched shoe to the stones would see him go down like a sack of shit.
He's got some belt in some vanity martial art.
No trophies that we know about - and I think we'd never hear the end of it if he'd won a bronze in the Sunday school lightweight class.
Hardly Chuck Norris.

But the tory press have form for bigging up their "hard membership".

Remember "Kickboxer" Ruth Davidson, who'd been to some fitness classes when she was a wee lass.

Next we'll be hearing about Rishi's school scrabble medals.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Yug
Dominic Raab has confirmed he will resign from government if an inquiry into his conduct concludes he bullied civil servants, as alleged by a series of officials.

“If an allegation of bullying is upheld, I would resign,” the justice secretary and deputy prime minister told Sky News’ Sophy Ridge on Sunday. Raab has denied any bullying or other mistreatment of staff...

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... f-bullying
This month, the Conservative MP and former party chair Jake Berry said Raab should temporarily step aside from government pending the report by Adam Tolley KC, the senior employment barrister tasked by Rishi Sunak with looking into the allegations.

Raab said he believed this was not the correct thing to do. “First of all, that’s ultimately for the prime minister to decide. But if by lodging complaints you can knock out a cabinet minister or a senior figure, I’m not sure that’s right.
And this. From the fucking Justice Secretary, no less.

We believe in innocent til proven guilty in this country
By Yug
This is our government, where even the Justice Secretary can't bring himself to act within the law.

Dominic Raab could potentially face proceedings for contempt of court after high court judges ruled that he acted unlawfully by stopping prison and probation staff in England and Wales from recommending whether a prisoner was fit for release or transfer to open conditions.

The justice secretary made the change to the Parole Board rules last year, claiming they would ensure there would be one “overarching” Ministry of Justice (MoJ) recommendation and avoid conflicting views.

However, the amendment, which was criticised by unions, was successfully challenged at the high court by two prisoners, Adrian Bailey and Perry Morris, with Lady Justice Macur and Mr Justice Chamberlain finding that it was unlawful.

The two judges also said refusing to answer a question posed by the Parole Board as to whether a prisoner was suitable for release or transfer to open conditions could amount to contempt of court. They further raised the prospect that Raab could be guilty of contempt of court if he was deemed to have instructed witnesses not to answer...

https://amp.theguardian.com/society/202 ... judges-say
Oh well. More ammunition for the next PMQs.
By Watchman
And he’s gone
Deputy Prime Minister Dominic Raab has resigned from the government after a report investigating bullying allegations against him was handed to the prime minister
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]