:sunglasses: 40 % :pray: 20 % :laughing: 40 %
By kreuzberger
AOB wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:14 pm
Watchman wrote:She’s clearly not seen Raab’s interview on BBC this afternoon; which leads me to….why the fuck were the BBC allowing him to spew his self pity unanswered
That BBC interview is even worse than the letter. The horrible, nasty bastard.
Nowhere near as hard as he thinks he is or would like to be. Try that schtick in a pub in Luton's Welly Street and that's a prolonged stay in the L&D*.

Twat.

*Sanatorium for the recently damaged, m'lud. J11 of the M1
By Malcolm Armsteen
Like always we need to dig a bit deeper.

When I was a 'civil servant' in the early 2000s one of the things I asked the proper civil servants about was how they squared their personal beliefs (and they certainly had them) with the policies they were paid to enact or enable. This was the Department for Education and we were making profound changes compared to the policies (sic) of the Thatcher and Major eras. They said they were just doing the job they were tasked to do, their personal beliefs didn't come into it, in the office they were apolitical. And they clearly were. Whilst I was there the No10 'Delivery Unit' certainly exerted pressure to push forward but no pressure was put on civil servants. All the Secretaries of State whilst I was there had very good relations with their officials, apart from Ruth Kelly who was an automaton.

Then Osborne happened, and the 'slimming down' of the civil service. Huge cuts, and the chance to make some choices. Senior roles were politicised, Permanent Secretaries were appointed to carry out specific policies about which they were expected to be enthusiastic - especially austerity.

This politicisation has continued, and can be seen in the cabinet office at the moment and through the Partygate shenanigans.

I think what we are seeing here is dunderheads like Raab (and Truss) expecting political support from apolitical officials and then bullying or firing them if they don't get it. Hence 'the blob' - the ones you can't easily bully and who don't endorse your policy stupidities.
Oboogie, davidjay liked this
By Andy McDandy
On another note, take a look at the various photos of Raaaaaab wearing glasses over the last few days. Softens his image, makes him look all scholarly, meek and mild and that.

Look at where the lenses meet his face. No refraction. I mean, he couldn't be just wearing the frames for cosmetic effect, could he?
By Abernathy
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:42 pm
Seeing the symbolism in these things is not OTT.
Thou speakest truth, O sage. Raab thinks his atrocious behaviour towards his juniors is acceptable. He thinks it is fine to lie (see also 30p Lee, his budget-wizz employee/campaigner and "friend" he canvassed on TV whom he'd never met before). ' Both these toxic attitudes seem to be endemic in today's Tories, and their normalisation can be traced
directly to. . . Boris Johnson (of course).
By Youngian
Andy McDandy wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:39 pm On another note, take a look at the various photos of Raaaaaab wearing glasses over the last few days. Softens his image, makes him look all scholarly, meek and mild and that.

Look at where the lenses meet his face. No refraction. I mean, he couldn't be just wearing the frames for cosmetic effect, could he?
Thought Raab wore lenses or are they just glassy, staring, psycho eyes?
By Bones McCoy
I've been away for a couple of days.

On return two things strike me as notable about this particular resignation.

Most significant is that all four of the Britannia Unchained quartet's shots at the big time ended in failure and disgrace.
Maybe writing books about "everybody else doing it wrong" requires a lot less effort and talent than actually piloting the ship of state.

The Raab defenestration is playing out like one of the Johnson minister removals in reverse.
Under Johnson we had that death of a thousand revelations and excuses with an ever collapsing defensive cordon.
Until the jig was up, some junior tick was caught on live media spinning the old defense that Johnson had just denied.
Resignation followed.

With Raab we had a largely quiet investigation, then the resignation.
Only after the resignation are the excuses and the stab in the back myths being spun.

Anyway, fuckim!!
By davidjay
We have a government where ministers make fortunes for their friends, MPs are available for hire by the day, two Prime Ministers have been given fixed penalty notices and the Home Secretary (who as Attorney General said that breaking the laws was "what any decent parent would do") interfering with the judiciary. But it's civil servants who are the problem.
Last edited by davidjay on Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
By satnav
I hope at some point somebody will come up with a figure for how much money Raab's behaviour has cost taxpayers. Staff turnover in his department has gone through the roof, dozens of staff members were offered counselling and many staff members were given 3 months paid leave before taking up posts elsewhere in Whitehall. Add to that the cost of the inquiry and we must be into millions of pounds.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]