:pray: 66.7 % :laughing: 33.3 %
By Abernathy
When Broon brought Mandelson back as his Business Secretary, it was widely hailed as a brilliantly strategic move, not least because of Mandelson’s expertise in political strategy overall (though ultimately he couldn’t save Broon). This looks similar, but not precisely. Cameron’s reputation remains in absolute tatters, not least because of the way he inflicted the EU referendum on the country. The Tories should not be allowed to sweep that under the carpet.

O’Brien has just described Cameron as “the biggest deckchair on the Titanic”, and I think that’s about right.
By Watchman
Says a lot if they couldn’t find anyone from the existing Parliamentary Party to fill the role.
Looks like Mr “Questionable Financial Dealings” has been given a way back into the trough, probably missed out on a PPE “contract”
By Youngian
Abernathy wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:03 am When Broon brought Mandelson back as his Business Secretary, it was widely hailed as a brilliantly strategic move, not least because of Mandelson’s expertise in political strategy overall (though ultimately he couldn’t save Broon). This looks similar, but not precisely. Cameron’s reputation remains in absolute tatters, not least because of the way he inflicted the EU referendum on the country. The Tories should not be allowed to sweep that under the carpet.

O’Brien has just described Cameron as “the biggest deckchair on the Titanic”, and I think that’s about right.
Wasn’t a popular or successful move especially as Mandelson had some black marks against him. And yes he was a very effective operator, Cameron can’t even say that, he was seen as a lightweight abroad. As Obama observed; Blair was shine and substance, Brown was all substance and Cameron was just shine.
By Youngian
Spoonman wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:12 am Had a lie-in this morning, then waking up to hear the news of Cameron becoming the new Foreign Secretary was not something I was expecting, safe to say! :shock:
Silicon Valley dudes like to think outside of the box and bowl a curve ball.
Last edited by Youngian on Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Bones McCoy
I see one rational reason for this appointment.

There's a massive International incident underway at present.
Whatever people think of Cameron in the UK, he has a certain international profile.

This is for international consumption.

It's also handy that Sunak has to rub shoulders with one pauper fewer on the front benches.
By Spoonman
A few thoughts on Sunak bringing the swine fellatio enthusiast back into the cabinet...

Cameron should be a safe pair of hands in his role in that he's one person I wouldn't expect to be openly hostile to Sunak. He's also arguably been the least worst Tory PM since 2010, though that is on its own a very, very low bar to clear. The Foreign Secretary role is also one which of all the "top roles" in government is one that allows the occupant to spend plenty of time away from the corridors of Westminster for good reason, but can be called back when needed.

OTOH appointing an ex-PM, now in the HOL, for the role reeks either of the Tories being utterly devoid of talent amongst its MPs being able to take on major cabinet roles, or that most of them don't want the post for whatever reason. A sign that the party is utterly spent of people capable of fulfilling & leading government departments rather than stoking up nasty shit because that's all they're good at doing.

I'd also reckon that when Cameron was asked wherever he'd want to be Foreign Secretary, he probably thought that like when he was PM, he thinks he'd be good at it. Not necessarily a good sign.

To end, who'll be next to be brought back? William Hague? A hologram of Margaret Thatcher?
By Watchman
Forgot that Piggy has never actually been a Sec Of State in any dept, so not bad for a bloke who;s only job in Government he fucked up.
Also does Richie Rich not realise that Cameron's another Eton spunkbubble
By Abernathy
Spoonman wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:23 pm He's also arguably been the least worst Tory PM since 2010, though that is on its own a very, very low bar to clear.
Okay, I'll argue. From least worst to worst, they are :

5. Sunak.
4. May.
3. Truss.
2, Cameron.
1. Johnson.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]