:laughing: 100 %
By Boiler
Samanfur wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:49 pm My husband (software tester) works for a branch of his current employer that's based primarily in Guernsey (you can draw your own conclusions about their tax affairs).

He's watching things carefully at the moment, since the threats to the electricity supply could definitely make things complicated.
That's why God invented the UPS and the Honda generator.
By Crabcakes
Oboogie wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:44 pm I'm confident that someone on here (Arrer, I'm looking at you) will be able to furnish us with details of the relative strengths of the French and British armed forces. My money's on the cheese eating surrender monkeys being stronger.
We have us. France has their forces, and all their EU colleagues who would doubtless help.

Whoops.
Oboogie liked this
By Oboogie
Crabcakes wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:07 pm
Oboogie wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:44 pm I'm confident that someone on here (Arrer, I'm looking at you) will be able to furnish us with details of the relative strengths of the French and British armed forces. My money's on the cheese eating surrender monkeys being stronger.
We have us. France has their forces, and all their EU colleagues who would doubtless help.

Whoops.
Plus NATO members are bound by treaty not to attack other members. Any action against France would be suicidal for the UK.
By Tubby Isaacs
Killer Whale wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:56 pm The Channel Islands have never been in the EU, so didn't leave. How is this even happening? Anyone got a précis for those of us preoccupied by our national elections?
Good article here.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20210505/analys ... over-fish/
In essence, the dispute has nothing to do with Brexit and is everything to do with Brexit.

The complex pattern of fishing rights around and in between the Channel Islands has been a vexed question for centuries. Such rights were outside the EU Common Fisheries Policy.

In 2000, Britain and the Channel Islands government signed an agreement with France (The Treaty of the Bay of Granville) which established a pattern of rights for French boats up to 3 miles from the islands’ coasts. Last year, Britain and the islands said they were terminating the treaty as part of the “it’s all our fish now” policy as the end of Brexit transition approached. An interim deal was reached.
Killer Whale liked this
By Spoonman
Youngian wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:31 pm The French fishermen didn’t really say that, did he?
Of course not. That headline was likely banged out by a DM reporter believing they're in a sailor outfit, gagging for the opportunity to send pleb bodies in for war games.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]