:sunglasses: 50 % :laughing: 43.8 % :cry: 6.3 %
By satnav
I think if Rishi was to pull out in the next few days Liz would probably get a poll bounce but it the contest goes the distance she is going to struggle to keep coming up with new policy initiatives.

The danger for Labour is that they have an extremely fractious party conference in September and then Truss calls a snap election promising every family a couple of grand to help pay their energy bills.
Abernathy liked this
By Crabcakes
Youngian wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:40 pm Have a gut fear ‘says it like it is’ Liz will get a poll bounce. Brimming with optimistic belief in Britain and worthless nationalist symbolism, she could be Boris who doesn’t take the piss.
Let me assuage your fears by noting that her 2 ideas today were to ignore Scotland and have 2 internets.

I predict she’s going to make Johnson look like a charismatic genius, and that is *precisely* why he’s backing her (that, and petty revenge)
Last edited by Crabcakes on Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Spoonman
Truss is coming across as an English Sarah Palin - definitely not a good thing for the overall health of the UK if she starts residing in 10 Downing Street. Folklore & feelings more important than evidence & facts, her comments regarding Scotland "...ignore Sturgeon & the problem will go away!..." is right up there with Brexiteers going on how "Brexit will be a success if we just believe in it".
By Crabcakes
Truss is very much the evolution of Johnson in that she wants the job and feels she deserves it, but doesn’t know why and won’t know what to do with it when she gets it outside of retaining it.

They’re all a series of progressively more degraded Gollums, treating the premiership as something to be hoarded.
By Tubby Isaacs
So the policy on regional pay didn't last two days, after irate Tories outside the South East hit Twitter.

You can see why she thought it was a good idea. Meaningful amount of money at stake (unlike bollocks like cutting diversity officers). Stick it to lefty civil servants. Except, is that who actually works for government in the regions? The Tories have blown their traditional lead with the middle class in lots of the country by backing Brexit and culture war, but I would think they probably do quite well with public sector workers in eg N England and the Midlands. People with qualifications and ambitions go where the money and career progression is- in lots of areas, that's the public sector.
By Watchman
I see Dizzy Lizzy was basing her “levelling up” civil service pay on some bollox churned out by the Taxpayers Alliance
Last edited by Watchman on Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Now she is pledging to remove (yes, remove) 'solar farms'...

I've no clear idea why, or why the Tory Taliban would cheer such a move...

(In other news La Republique Francaise phoned me this morning - as well as capping my energy bills at 4% they are offering to insulate my house for €1 - but only for a maison primaire, not a maison de vacances. I think there's a very good offer on solar panels and heat exchange pumps as well.)
By Youngian
This an old bug bear of Truss’s. Solar farms are cited on low grade grazing fields and cattle continue to do their grazing as well. Life also carries on with ploughing fields around turbines. Liz should visit SW Norfolk to check these things out.
Handouts to fund massive solar farms are to be axed by Liz Truss
Move is part of David Cameron's attempt to move away from green politics
She will tell farmers to go back to growing fruit, vegetables and crops https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... w-veg.html
kreuzberger liked this
By davidjay
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:58 pm It's a long old campaign. Truss may have peaked too early.
Good point. Perhaps, and admittedly this would credit him with a rare old inteligence not normally found at Cabinet level, Sunak has thought that the best thing when he's starting so far behind is to keep a low profile and wait until she (inevitably) falls over her own shoelaces.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Spoonman
davidjay wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:51 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:58 pm It's a long old campaign. Truss may have peaked too early.
Good point. Perhaps, and admittedly this would credit him with a rare old inteligence not normally found at Cabinet level, Sunak has thought that the best thing when he's starting so far behind is to keep a low profile and wait until she (inevitably) falls over her own shoelaces.
And if that proves to be the case, watch almost everyone giving their public support for Truss to start scurrying like rats on a floating vessel.
By satnav
Truss is clearly getting cold feet because she is trying to avoid too many one on one debates with Rishi. May be she thinks that because she is in front she has nothing to gain and everything to lose from doing one on one debates.

Now that she has made her 'U' turn sector pay surely that will have an impact on her other policies because if she is not saving billions of pounds by cutting pay how will her figures stack up?
By Spoonman
I see in the latest brain fart/bone given to gammons to suck on is Sunak suggesting that people who have an "extreme" hatred of Britain could be sent to deradicalisation camps.

Good fecking luck trying to cover alone the cost of such people living in Northern Ireland.
Watchman, kreuzberger liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]