:sunglasses: 46.2 % :laughing: 23.1 % 🧥 7.7 % :cry: 7.7 % :poo: 15.4 %
By Dalem Lake
Abernathy wrote:I sense this Operation Unicorn is about to swing into action.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_London_Bridge
Probably have to avoid the telly and radio when it happens. If you thought Phillip's coverage was over the top this one will be out of its league.
Oboogie, Arrowhead liked this
By Andy McDandy
Dalem Lake wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:09 pm Probably have to avoid the telly and radio when it happens. If you thought Phillip's coverage was over the top this one will be out of its league.
I saw one description of it as effectively a 2 week shutdown. TV being tributes and "safe" content. Good if you're a Dad's Army fan, put it like that.
By AOB
Dalem Lake wrote:
Abernathy wrote:I sense this Operation Unicorn is about to swing into action.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_London_Bridge
Probably have to avoid the telly and radio when it happens. If you thought Phillip's coverage was over the top this one will be out of its league.
It won't only be the coverage of her death and funeral that will make Phillip's seem like an ad break in comparison....there will be Charlie-boy's coronation and all that archaic nonsense too. It's going to be a long, long, long Autumn and Winter if now is the time.
By Youngian
King Charles will be badgering Truss about fracking and drilling before the end of the month. Tufton Street will have its own London Bridge plan on how to clip the wings of this troublesome patrician do-gooder. The Crown and the Tories will be in at loggerheads in no time.
How many former colonies will call it a day? Doubt Truss’s Global Britain will hold much sway.
Arrowhead liked this
By Bones McCoy
Oboogie wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:59 pm
Youngian wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:11 pm Is ‘comfortable’ worse than ‘stable?’
I think so. Stable suggests, however poorly, there's no decline. Whereas a patient can be comfortable on their deathbed.
George V went comfortably, but was not stable.
Oboogie liked this
By Dalem Lake
Bones McCoy wrote:
Oboogie wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:59 pm
Youngian wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:11 pm Is ‘comfortable’ worse than ‘stable?’
I think so. Stable suggests, however poorly, there's no decline. Whereas a patient can be comfortable on their deathbed.
George V went comfortably, but was not stable.
Didn't his doctor give him a speedball to finish him off?
Oboogie liked this
By Abernathy
The wall-to-wall news media coverage at this stage is awkwardly coy. Nobody wants to state plainly that our nonagenarian monarch is dying, with all of her family gathered around to witness her passing, yet that is very clearly what is happening. Instead, there is talk of "concern" and Brenda being "comfortable".

I think we can expect an announcement within hours that Brenda is dead, long live King Chazza.
By Oboogie
Who would be a BBC News producer today? Knowing that demands for your immediate dismissal/beheading are already being penned for simultaneously 'toadying to the undemocratic establishment bastards' and not being sufficiently distraught/respectful. Of course the BBC's coverage, uniquely, will be criticised as both over the top and insufficient.
Last edited by Oboogie on Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By The Weeping Angel
Oboogie wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:44 pm Who would be a BBC News producer today? Knowing that demands for your immediate dismissal/beheading are already being penned for simultaneously 'toadying to the undemocratic establishment bastards' and not being sufficiently distort/respectful. Of course the BBC's coverage, uniquely, will be criticised as both over the top and insufficient.
Yeah pretty much this.
By Oboogie
Abernathy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:34 pm The wall-to-wall news media coverage at this stage is awkwardly coy. Nobody wants to state plainly that our nonagenarian monarch is dying, with all of her family gathered around to witness her passing, yet that is very clearly what is happening. Instead, there is talk of "concern" and Brenda being "comfortable".

I think we can expect an announcement within hours that Brenda is dead, long live King Chazza.
"Comfortable" is the word the palace used.
I've just been re-reading "London Bridge": the protocol is that there's a long list of people including all the Commonwealth heads of state who have to be informed before a media announcement. The public are to be informed via the BBC at 6pm the evening after the death, I reckon she's probably already dead, so three hours to go.
By Oboogie
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:54 pm The BBC has suspended all other coverage on the news channel.
Huw Edwards (and others) is wearing mourning dress.
I'm sure they've been told she's dead but can't say so until the Palace announcement at 6pm. Can you imagine the shitstorm the BBC would get for wearing black ties if she recovered? "Lefty Republican traitors wish her Majesty dead, the sooner it's sold to a proper patriotic broadcaster like GBNews the better".
By Malcolm Armsteen
Yes.
I'm assuming the programming change is simply a holding move, and any announcement will be at six and then programming will be suspended again.

All newsreaders now in mourning, including those outside Buckingham Palace and in Downing Street.
Oboogie liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]