:sunglasses: 33.3 % :laughing: 66.7 %
By Boiler
AOB wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:15 pm
Vine said on the programme that he knows the presenter concerned but had not spoken to him.

"I am very worried about his state of mind," he said.
Probably a good job Jeremy doesn't work on the Samaritans switchboard, if this is what he's like when he is "worried" about someone's state of mind.
From the BBC's running feed:
Richard Bacon hits out at Vine for calling on presenter to name himself

Not every high-profile broadcaster agrees with Jeremy Vine that the BBC presenter accused of wrongdoing should reveal themselves. Responding to Vine's call that was first made late on Tuesday and again earlier today, former BBC presenter Richard Bacon wrote on Twitter that Vine should "stop it" and that he was "more emotionally intelligent than this".

"We don’t know the complexities of what his family are going through. Or what dark thoughts are running through his head.

"Irrespective of what he’s done wrong. You can walk off people wrongly guessing it’s you for 5 minutes," he said.

Bacon has continued with his criticism of Vine today, suggesting on Twitter that the Channel 5 and BBC Radio 2 host was calling for the unnamed BBC presenter to "come forward for the good of [Jeremy Vine]".
Vine's Radio 2 show is akin to listening to BTL comments on MailOnline.
AOB, Dalem Lake liked this
By safe_timber_man
Police concluded that no crime has been committed. So the bare bones of it is he's been consensually sharing explicit photos with an adult in private. The Sun stating that the 'young person' was under 18 could now put them in very hot water unless they've got something else to reveal. His wife and kids are obviously going to be distraught and he's now in a mental health unit after suffering a serious breakdown. The whole things is just sad. And for what? A fucking tabloid headline.
Oboogie, Boiler, Watchman and 2 others liked this
By Boiler
safe_timber_man wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:23 pm Police concluded that no crime has been committed. So the bare bones of it is he's been consensually sharing explicit photos with an adult in private. The Sun stating that the 'young person' was under 18 could now put them in very hot water unless they've got something else to reveal. His wife and kids are obviously going to be distraught and he's now in a mental health unit after suffering a serious breakdown. The whole things is just sad. And for what? A fucking tabloid headline.
But it damages the BBC, and that's what the regrettably still alive Murdoch wants. I'm laying down a bottle of Bolly for when that cunt dies :twisted:
AOB liked this
By Boiler
Oboogie wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:28 pm I wish him a speedy recovery.
Likewise.

If the poor sod's bad enough to be in a MHU, it'll be a long road for him. Meanwhile his family are going to have the scum of the Earth camped on their doorstep now.

Surprisingly, the Mail is pre-moderating comments BTL and they're mostly pretty supportive.
By Yug
From Facebook

Here is a story about The Sun.
I tasted their vileness once.
The Soup Dragons just came off months of supporting INXS in U.S and I stayed in touch with Michael who became a friend.
When he died a few years later it was roughly around the time of the first album by my band The High Fidelity.
Our PR said the Scottish Sun wanted to do a piece about the new band.
I was against it but we were struggling to be heard in a fast changing digital World and it was decided to do an interview about ‘music’ for the ‘music’ page would reach millions.
Yes I know we shouldn’t have.
The journalist asked me one … just one question about Michael to which I replied I’m sorry but his death really upset me as he was one of the loveliest men I met in the music industry.
That was it.
Next few days the piece came out with literally paragraphs of stuff I did not say about Hutchence.
Even a headline.
Completely made up but cleverly written to not be libel.
We tried to get a lawyer involved but was told there was no way we could afford to take on a lawyer against The Scum.
I was advised to bury my head and try let it be ignored.
It caused me huge anxiety and depression for years.
Couldn’t hold my head up thinking people thought I said those things against someone I really respected.
To this day it still upsets me.
The fact we live in a country controlled by a newspaper who feels it’s right to literally write lies for money and destroy those around them is a joke.
Liverpool did it.
Time rest of the UK did it too.
Pic shared by a friend that sums it up.
#thesun
The picture referred to at the end was the S*n's headline and photos of 16 year-old Samantha Fox "giving up her A Levels for Ooh Levels"

It's always been a shiterag full of filth.
AOB, Andy McDandy, Oboogie liked this
By Dalem Lake
Boiler wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:34 pm
AOB wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:15 pm
Vine said on the programme that he knows the presenter concerned but had not spoken to him.

"I am very worried about his state of mind," he said.
Probably a good job Jeremy doesn't work on the Samaritans switchboard, if this is what he's like when he is "worried" about someone's state of mind.
From the BBC's running feed:
Richard Bacon hits out at Vine for calling on presenter to name himself

Not every high-profile broadcaster agrees with Jeremy Vine that the BBC presenter accused of wrongdoing should reveal themselves. Responding to Vine's call that was first made late on Tuesday and again earlier today, former BBC presenter Richard Bacon wrote on Twitter that Vine should "stop it" and that he was "more emotionally intelligent than this".

"We don’t know the complexities of what his family are going through. Or what dark thoughts are running through his head.

"Irrespective of what he’s done wrong. You can walk off people wrongly guessing it’s you for 5 minutes," he said.

Bacon has continued with his criticism of Vine today, suggesting on Twitter that the Channel 5 and BBC Radio 2 host was calling for the unnamed BBC presenter to "come forward for the good of [Jeremy Vine]".
Vine's Radio 2 show is akin to listening to BTL comments on MailOnline.
Vine's daily morning gammon-baiting shite is gotta be worse. It's got all the cretins that now inhabit the likes of GBeebies as panelists, and rarely do you ever a caller other than some croaky boomer from the home counties or oop north waffling on about the wokes.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]