:sunglasses: 50 % :pray: 6.3 % :laughing: 34.4 % :cry: 3.1 % :poo: 6.3 %
By Tubby Isaacs
Think it'll make not very much difference on the election either way. As I say, my feeling is that the shadow cabinet have forced this. They want to go into the election having something of their own to campaign on. The extra stuff funded with this money will no doubt shore up some votes to offset the disappointment.
By Tubby Isaacs
More disastrous news. Labour talking to former Prime Minister and hiring mainstream policy wonk (Harvey Redgrave), who was chief Home Affairs advisor to Ed Milliband.

Further down Aaron tries to make out that the likes of Redgrave are going to be lobbying for Saudis. He does his GB News audience though, I'll say that about him. It's one of the things now to look at someone's CV, find the place you least like among where they worked, find the worst funder, and hey presto! I like to know who funds what, obviously, but I only make a thing of it if the output looks dodgy. This guy seems perfectly mainstream. And anyway, I'm not sure being funded by a large number of deeply unrepresentative small donors is without risk either.

By Watchman
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:59 am More disastrous news. Labour talking to former Prime Minister and hiring mainstream policy wonk (Harvey Redgrave), who was chief Home Affairs advisor to Ed Milliband.

Further down Aaron tries to make out that the likes of Redgrave are going to be lobbying for Saudis. He does his GB News audience though, I'll say that about him. It's one of the things now to look at someone's CV, find the place you least like among where they worked, find the worst funder, and hey presto! I like to know who funds what, obviously, but I only make a thing of it if the output looks dodgy. This guy seems perfectly mainstream. And anyway, I'm not sure being funded by a large number of deeply unrepresentative small donors is without risk either.

Yeah, but Tories bringing back de Piffle!
By NevTheSweeper
The current Labour party is heading for defeat at the next general election. Starmer comes across as very politically inept. Even some commentators sympathetic to him are now having second thoughts. It's as if they actively want to LOSE the election. Opponents will certainly pick on Labour's difficulties during the election campaign. The big fight after the election will see a huge factional fight over who succeeds him as leader after the inevitable defeat. People may hate the Conservatives, but at least we know where they stand, but people are struggling to see what Starmer actually stands for. The party is still being perceived as being BOTH antisemitic and islamophobic. Nothing has changed.
By Abernathy
Bold prediction there from “NevTheSweeper”.

I’m no Piers Morgan or Rishi Sunak, but would you fancy a small wager on your prophecy of a Labour defeat at the election (I don’t think that’s remotely likely).

Shall we say £100, Mr. Sweeper?
Last edited by Abernathy on Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By The Weeping Angel
NevTheSweeper wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:17 pm The current Labour party is heading for defeat at the next general election. Starmer comes across as very politically inept. Even some commentators sympathetic to him are now having second thoughts. It's as if they actively want to LOSE the election. Opponents will certainly pick on Labour's difficulties during the election campaign. The big fight after the election will see a huge factional fight over who succeeds him as leader after the inevitable defeat. People may hate the Conservatives, but at least we know where they stand, but people are struggling to see what Starmer actually stands for. The party is still being perceived as being BOTH antisemitic and islamophobic. Nothing has changed.
Huge, if true.
Oboogie liked this
By davidjay
Abernathy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:00 pm Bold prediction there from “NevTheSweeper”.

I’m no Piers Morgan or Rishi Sunak, but would you fancy a small wager on your prophecy of a Labour defeat at the election (I don’t think that’s remotely likely).

Shall we say £100, Mr. Sweeper?
He's got to pay me first.
By Oboogie
NevTheSweeper wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:17 pm The current Labour party is heading for defeat at the next general election.
Can you link the polls which have led you to this conclusion, please?

NevTheSweeper wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:17 pm Starmer comes across as very politically inept.
Do you have any examples of this ineptitude?

NevTheSweeper wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:17 pm Even some commentators sympathetic to him are now having second thoughts.
Which ones, what have they said and where can I read it?

NevTheSweeper wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:17 pm Opponents will certainly pick on Labour's difficulties during the election campaign.
Correct.
They're opponents.
They oppose.
That's what they do.
That's why they're called opponents.

NevTheSweeper wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:17 pm The big fight after the election will see a huge factional fight over who succeeds him as leader after the inevitable defeat.
You are literally the only person I've seen describe a Labour defeat as "inevitable", even most Tory supporting commentators are now accepting that a Labour victory is inevitable as there's no evidence to the contrary.

NevTheSweeper wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:17 pm people are struggling to see what Starmer actually stands for. The party is still being perceived as being BOTH antisemitic and islamophobic.
Which people?

NevTheSweeper wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:17 pm Nothing has changed.
Everything has changed.
Everyone who follows UK politics knows that Starmer has spent four years purging Labour of anti-Semites, it's been widely reported.
Arrowhead liked this
By mattomac
You wouldn’t think with all the bold predictions on social media that Labour has just polled its highest lead with the one pollster that reverts DKs back to their vote at the last election. And where they currently sit an average of 20pts ahead.

Labour need to make a clean split on Rochdale, sadly it might open the door for Galloway, but hopefully Sunak will call an election soon.

Preferably on the 1st of March.
Oboogie liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]