:sunglasses: 33.3 % :pray: 11.1 % :laughing: 55.6 %
By Spoonman
Youngian wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 3:24 pm Why’s he even taken the campaign to Belfast?
The Tories do actually field candidates in NI even though they are very marginally more popular than a plate of shit sandwiches - North Down is their local heartland, they scored nearly 2000 votes back in GE 2019, narrowly missing out on saving their deposit.

It also gives Sunak a verifiable claim that he's fighting in all four corners of the UK as opposed to Labour & the Lib Dems, even if I'd presume >99% of GB voters couldn't care less.
Arrowhead, Oboogie liked this
By Watchman
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:16 pm

Paul
1m
We need to get Hall into one of the 100 seats.
Hall, Lord Frost and a wild card such as Nasty Nick from Big Brother or Jim Davison....all rolled out as new canditates- call them the three amigos or something- talk about high exposure!
2 things on that;
1. I don't think fighting a GE on ULEZ is going to appeal to 90% of the electorate
2. I'm surprised Tricky Trice has flashed his wallet at Davison
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Andy McDandy
Three options.

1. He's sick of it all and is throwing it deliberately.

2. He is betting on an across the board wave of apathy, resulting in a minority Labour government, a decent tory rump, and a credible claim that Starmer doesn't have the backing of the country. And off he goes, "not as bad as we feared" his epitaph.

3. He's just that inept.
By Bones McCoy
Watchman wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:43 pm Even Malcolm Tucker couldn’t come up with enough adjectives to describe what’s happening here
Conservative activists who decry the "Civil service blob" believe we should be more like America.
A Whitehall staffed by partisan party placemen, who are replaced wholesale when government changes.

The blob is obstructing our programme of real conservatism (tm), they wail.
Real conservatives at the heart of government would do the job better.

We've seen a hint of this with appointments to the BBC board, and their approach to Covid era procurement.
Conservatives all, no others need apply.
Neither are encouraging.

But an election provides the ultimate example.
A horde of committed enthusiasts trying to organise things.
* The Drowning Street announcement.
* Fake workmen at the stage managed question session.
* The "Titanic" speech.

Well connected incompetents are no substitute for long serving professionals.
But it's encouraging to see the Tories persist with their "It worked during the Empire" delusions.
Last edited by Bones McCoy on Sat May 25, 2024 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kreuzberger liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]