:sunglasses: 38.9 % :pray: 2.8 % :laughing: 30.6 % 🧥 8.3 % :cry: 8.3 % :🤗 2.8 % :poo: 8.3 %
By Oboogie
Youngian wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:53 pm Give him five years in office and he’ll look his age. Keir must be the same age as Farage, amazing what can be achieved with a bit of excercise and not smoking 60 Rothmans a day.
Keir will be 62 in September, Farage turned 60 in April - he's a month older than me but looks much older.
By slilley
davidjay wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:12 pm
slilley wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:39 pm
davidjay wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 11:39 pm And the last time the Tories won an election on their own with a king on the throne was 1924.
What about October 1951 when King George VI was on the throne?
Bugger. I'd forgotten that one.
In fairness Labour did get more votes than the Conservatives, just not enough seats.
By Abernathy
Starmer just delivered a very good speech, focusing on Starmer the man, what he has done to change the Labour Party, and how the party can be trusted again with core issues like national security, border security, the economy, and so on, in a speech partly aimed at undecided voters who may still have residual concerns about reds under the bed, Greenham Common pacifist crusties, and so on. He emphasised again and again that he has created a changed Labour Party. He did not actually mention Corbyn, but of course the news that Corbyn has triggered his own expulsion from the party by declaring as a candidate opposing Labour reinforces that message more than anything. I particular liked his echo of the last words in public of the late John Smith. See my signature line). He has, indeed, dragged the party back to public service.
davidjay, Oboogie, Samanfur liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Crabcakes wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:32 pm What the hell are the Tories doing with their ‘sleepy Keir’ claims? It makes them look like they literally have no ideas so are copying the republicans, regardless of the context. Which they might actually be doing seeing as this has no obvious basis in anything whatsoever.
Why not "Sleepy Starmer", at least that's alliterative? Is the thinking that Keir is a posh name?

Starmer is 20 years younger than Biden, and only 1 year older than Theresa May when she became PM.
By Youngian
Why not "Sleepy Starmer", at least that's alliterative? Is the thinking that Keir is a posh name?
It really gets under the skin of the Tories to call him Sir Keir. Especially as word gets around a that this is not a to the manor born posho title he inherited.
And based on every PMQs performance, Sleepy Keir is up a lot earlier than Johnson, Truss and Sunak.
By slilley
davidjay wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:23 pm They've got nothing else.
I notice on X there are still some repeating the smear about Starmer not prosecuting Savile. It has had renewed momentum following Johnson’s latest effort in Saturdays Mail. I really hope that after the election he launches legal action over this smear. It is utterly disgusting.
Arrowhead liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]