:laughing: 100 %
By Tubby Isaacs
Labour have distanced themselves from an earlier quote from a party source that we reported here. The source linked an expected defeat in the West Midlands mayoral race to the war in Gaza.

A Labour Party spokesperson said: "The Labour Party has strongly condemned this racist quote which has not come from anyone who is speaking on behalf of the party or whose values are welcome in the party."
Good. Can the source be stopped from speaking ever again?
By Watchman
A question re regional mayors; I get ones for individual cities e.g. Leicester because the mayor is also leader of the council, and as such can "get things done", and has responsibility for local infrastructure. Whereas regional mayors e.g. West Midlands, who are his "staff", how can he use his influence to get pot-holes filled in etc
By Tubby Isaacs
As I understand it, which may be wrong, the councils do that. The regional mayor is more strategic investment. Quite a nice job to pop up saying "I'm extending the trams" or "doing up the harbour" or whatever. Heavily favours the incumbent. What are opponents supposed to say? "I'll make the tram go another 10 miles?"
By Yug
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:05 pm The Tories wiped out by independents in Castle Point. Of course, they won't lose the Westminster seat, but Reform might be taking note.
Are they Independents? Or are they what I call 'Central Bedfordshire Independents'? Councillors who were Tories until fairly recently who will be Tory again in the fullness of time, while independently siding with the Tories in the interim.
By Tubby Isaacs
Canvey Island Independents are genuine independents. Apparently they started in opposition to Canvey Island being disadvantaged with the borough of Castle Point. Been around 20 years now.

Then there's the Peoples Indpendent Party, who are mainly against housebuilding on the Green Belt, plus other standard localist stuff.
By Bones McCoy
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:40 pm Canvey Island Independents are genuine independents. Apparently they started in opposition to Canvey Island being disadvantaged with the borough of Castle Point. Been around 20 years now.

Then there's the Peoples Indpendent Party, who are mainly against housebuilding on the Green Belt, plus other standard localist stuff.
Splitters!!
By Tubby Isaacs
This is absurd. The same nonsense was put out last year. Labour keep winning Tory seats in by-elections apparently counts for nothing.

The seat projection is even better. The SNP hold all their seats, and "Other" somehow pick up 7 seats on top of that, from presumably places like Castle Point deciding they'll vote for the potholes local guy rather than for a party that might form a government.

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]