:sunglasses: 50 % :pray: 16.7 % :laughing: 33.3 %
By zuriblue
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... c-cummings
Dominic Cummings personally called a former colleague on the Vote Leave Brexit campaign and asked if his company would work for the government on its response to the Covid pandemic, leading to the award of a £580,000 Cabinet Office contract with no competitive process.

In an email on 20 March 2020, Boris Johnson’s former chief adviser asked the most senior civil servant responsible for contracts to sign off the budget immediately, and that if “anybody in CABOFF [the Cabinet Office] whines”, to tell them Cummings had “ordered it” from the prime minister.
By AOB
I sense grim times ahead for Dom.

He's not in power, not in the news, nobody cares what he says.

He's a bitter, bitter man. I know the exact road he is on. Take a detour and get on with your life, Dom. I genuinely couldn't care if you crashed, though, because you are an unpleasant person.
By Boiler
AOB wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:40 pm I genuinely couldn't care if you crashed, though, because you are an unpleasant person.
Literally or metaphorically?

The thing that will wound him most (assuming a future PM Gove doesn't bring him back into the heart of Government) is being branded an irrelevance and being ignored.

Why does this track from the superb album How Dare You make me think of him?

By AOB
Boiler wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:57 pm
AOB wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:40 pm I genuinely couldn't care if you crashed, though, because you are an unpleasant person.
Literally or metaphoric ally?
Metaphorically. Although if he had a car crash I wouldn't be running round the living room screaming "god I hope he's okay!"

Gove won't take him in Government. I think Dom's "Adrian Mole Aged 13 and 3/4" diaries have put paid to him getting anywhere near power again.
By Bones McCoy
Owed his entire position to Gove and then Johnson's patronage.
Shat the bed and is out on his arse.

Unlikely to return as a public character in the UK.
May get some shadowy "think tank" work "Daahn Tufton Street".
More likely to land some lobbying over the Merica where they're mugs for the "Quirky Brit".

Outside bet he'll find consulting in the former soviet republics bordering the Caspian.
By Crabcakes
The glorious thing about Cummings' downfall is that when he hit the bottom he decided to keep furiously digging. If he'd just shut up, he could have probably sneaked back in and/or got some well paid consultancy work. But because he couldn't stop picking the scab and has to attempt to retcon every single event to make it appear it wasn't his fault/he was some sort of savant, he's progressively making himself look more and more stupid and pathetic. And it's becoming increasingly apparent he was just the right person at the right place at the right time (in terms of for the Leave campaign) - someone morally bankrupt and willing to lie and cheat. There's no more genius there than there is a con man marrying a rich old widow then leaving loose rugs at the top of the stairs.
Nigredo, Spoonman liked this
See my comment on Brexit Benefits thread.
I wrote:When Cummings speaks of the Deep State it is this stratum of society that he means, the Establishment, the Old Boy Network, the Connected. The rich and powerful, and usually very private. People like Handcock and Greyling operate on the edges, picking up crumbs.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]